Official Announcement of Tests for iF3 Juniors World Championships 2023 in Canada
Please note! If for some reason there are discrepancies between the text below and the official pdf document, the text in the pdf document applies.
Test 1: Endurance
As Many Repetitions As Possible in 14 Minutes
- 10 Burpee Broad Jumps
- Run 100 Meters (Perform 1 Box Jump Over at the 25 and 75 Meter Points*)
*Add 2 Box Jump Overs Each Round
Time Cap: 14 Minutes
On the start signal, athletes will perform 10 burpee broad jumps. They will then run 100 meters performing 1 box jump over at the 25 meter mark, turning around at the 50 meter mark, and performing another box jump over at the 75 meter mark on the way back. After completing the run, athletes will start with 10 more burpee broad jumps. Athletes will continue in this pattern for 14 minutes, adding 2 box jump overs to the first and second half of each run each round.
ENDURANCE MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries titled “Run ID 9.01,” and “Burpee To Target ID 10.03” + “Broad Jump ID 10.09,” and “Box Jump Over ID 10.05” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
ENDURANCE SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- There is a turn around point at the halfway mark (50 meters) on the run. The Box Jump Overs will be performed on the first half of each run (25 meters) as well as the second half of each run (75 meters).
- At the run turn around point, athletes must touch both feet and 1 hand behind the line at the turn around point.
- Athletes may use their hands on the box jump overs, but it is not required. However, it is required that both of the athletes’ feet touch the top of the box, and that the athletes take off with two feet on each jump.
- The Burpee Broad Jumps will be performed with lines to indicate the required jump distance. Athletes will start their burpee behind the line and then must jump from behind the line to across the other line. Athletes will then turn around and do their next burpee broad jump facing the opposite direction.
Test 2: Strength
For Max Reps:
- 10 Shoulder to Overhead
- 8 Shoulder to Overhead
- 6 Shoulder to Overhead
- 4 Shoulder to Overhead
- 2 Shoulder to Overhead
- Max Shoulder to Overhead in remaining time
Time Cap: 6 minutes
13-14 years old
- 10 rep at 75lb/55lb
- 8 reps at 95lb/65lb
- 6 reps at 115/75lb
- 4 reps at 125/85lb
- 2 reps at 135lb/95lbs
- Max Reps at 155/105lbs
15-16 years old
- 10 rep at 95lb/65lb
- 8 reps at 115lb/75lb
- 6 reps at 135/95lb
- 4 reps at 155/105lb
- 2 reps at 175lb/115lbs
- Max Reps at 195/145lbs
17-18 years old
- 10 rep at 135lb/95lb
- 8 reps at 155lb/105lb
- 6 reps at 185/125lb
- 4 reps at 205/135lb
- 2 reps at 215lb/145lbs
- Max Reps at 225/155lbs
Athletes will have 6 minutes to work through the shoulder to overhead ladder. They will do 10 repetitions at the first weight, then change their weights and perform 8 repetitions at the next weight. Then they will change their weights and perform 6 repetitions at the next weight, followed by 4 repetitions at the next weight and then 2 repetitions at the next weight. Athletes will perform as many shoulder to overheads as possible in the remaining time. The athletes score will be the total number of repetitions.
STRENGTH MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see “Shoulder to Overhead ID 5.05” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
STRENGTH SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes must drop the bar in front of them at all times. Dropping the bar behind them will invalidate the last repetition.
- Athletes must change their own weights.
- Weight plates will be in pounds.
- Clips must be on the barbell before the athlete can begin any of their lifts.
- Any shoulder to overhead style which starts in the front rack is acceptable.
- The bar will start from the ground for each set.
- For any reps where the athletes had to start with a clean, they do not have to fully stand up their clean before going into their jerk. However, they must reach full extension after their jerk.
Test 3: Bodyweight
As Many Rounds As Possible in 6 Minutes:
- 20 Air Squats
- 10 Hand Release Push-Ups
- 1 Rope Climb (4.5 meters)
Rest 1 minute.
Then, As Many Rounds As Possible in 6 Minutes:
- 20 Pistols
- 10/5 Ring Dips
- 1 Rope Climb (4.5 meters)
On the Start signal athletes will start a 6 minute amrap of 20 air squats, 10 hand release push-ups, and 1 rope climb. When the 6 minutes are up, the athletes will rest 1 minute. At the 7 minute mark, the athletes will start another 6 minute amrap of 20 pistols, 10 ring dips for males and 5 ring dips for females and 1 rope climb. Athletes will continue in this patten until the second 6 minute amrap ends.
BODYWEIGHT MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Pistol ID 1.06,” “Hand Release Push-up ID 15.02,” “Rope Climb ID 11.01,” “Air Squat ID 1.01,” and “Dip ID 8.03,” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
BODYWEIGHT SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- On the second amrap, males will perform 10 ring dips and females will perform 5 ring dips
- This test will be scored as a Part A and a Part B. The first 6 minute amrap is scored as part A and is worth 50 points. The second 6 minute amrap is scored as part B and is also worth 50 points.
- On the hand release push-ups the athletes will put their feet on a plate.
Test 4: Skill
4 Rounds For Time:
- 1 Pull-up Bar Complex
- 50 Double Unders
- 15 meter Handstand Walk
* Pull-up Bar Coomplex:
- AG 13-14: THIS TEST IS NOT PERFORMED BY THIS AGE GROUP
- AG 15-16: 1 Pullover + 1 Pull-up + 1 Bar Muscle Up
- AG 17-18: 1 Pullover + 1 Chest to Bar Pull-up + 1 Bar Muscle Up
Time Cap: 9 Minutes
On the start signal, athletes will begin with the Pull-Up Bar Complex for their age group. The movements in the complex do not have to be completed unbroken. After their Pull-up bar complex, they will complete 50 Double Unders. After their last double under, athletes will perform the designated amount of handstand walking. After completing their handstand walk they will return to the pull-up bar to start round 2. Athletes will continue in this pattern until they complete 4 rounds. They will then run across the finish line to stop their time.
SKILL MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Handstand Walk ID 12.03,” “Double Under ID 10.07,” “Bar Muscle Up ID 7.07,” “Pull-up ID 7.04,” and “Chest To Bar Pull-up ID 7.05,” and “Pull-over ID 7.06” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
SKILL SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes in the 13-14 division do not perform the Skill Test.
- Athletes do not have to do the Pull-up Bar Complex unbroken.
- For the Handstand walk, the minimum unbroken segment of the walk is 2.5 meters for all divisions.
- The rope must spin forward on double unders.
Test 5: Mixed
- 15/12 Calorie Assault Bike
- 30 Meter Front Rack Axle Bar Walking Lunge
- 33 Toes to Bar
- 33 Axle Bar Deadlifts
- 33 Toes to Bar
- 30 Meter Front Rack Axle Bar Walking Lunges
- 15/12 Calories Assault Bike
Time Cap: 12 minutes
- AG 13-14: 75lbs/55lbs
- AG 15-16: 95lbs/65lbs
- AG 17-18: 115lbs/75lbs
At the start signal, athletes will bike the required number of calories. After completing their bike, athletes will pick up their axle bar and lunge 30 meters. They will then head to the rig for 33 toes to bar, followed up 30 deadlifts with their axle bar. They will then reverse back through the test, completing 33 more toes to bar, a second 30 meter walking lunge and another set of calories on the bike.
MIXED MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “AirBike ID 9.05” and “Walking Lunge ID 15.05 Variation Front Rack V.02,” “Toes To Bar ID 7.01,” and “Deadlift ID 2.01” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
MIXED SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Weight plates for this competition will be in pounds.
- Athletes must us a double overhand grip on the deadlifts
Test 6: Power
- 20/15 Calorie Row
- 10 Front Squats
- 10 Power Cleans
- 10 Thrusters
Time Cap: 4 minutes
- AG 13-14: Does not perform the Power Test
- AG 15-16: 115/75 pounds
- AG 17-18: 135/95 pounds
At the start signal the athlete will Row their designated number of calories. Athletes will then proceed to their barbell and perform 10 front squats, 10 power cleans, and finally 10 thrusters. Athletes will then run across the line to stop their time.
POWER MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Row ID 9.03,” “Power Clean ID 3.02,” “Front Squat ID 1.03,” and “Thruster ID 5.06” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
POWER SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- None at this time