Official Announcement of Tests for iF3 Masters World Championships 2021 in Cairo, Egypt
Test 1: Endurance
- 300 meter swim
- Run (approximately 6000 meters)
Time Cap: None, Must Complete.
On the start signal, athletes will enter the pool and swim 300 meters using any stroke style they wish. At the completion of 300 meters athlete will climb out of the pool and complete their run. The run distance will be approximately 6000 meters. Time will stop when athletes cross the finish line.
ENDURANCE MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries titled “Run ID 9.01,” and “Swim ID 9.08” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document which requires the athlete to run and swim, the specified amount without assistance of others or other equipment and without interfering with others.
ENDURANCE SPECIAL REGULATIONS
Athletes must stay in their designated lane of the pool.
Athletes may swim in any style using any stroke of their choosing.
Athletes must stay on the designated course for the run.
Scaling Option: Athletes who are uncomfortable with the swim may choose to use flotation assistance. However, any athlete that uses a flotation device for assistance cannot finish above an athlete that did not use a flotation device on either this event or in the all around standings.
Test 2: Strength
Athletes will have 30 seconds at each barbell to complete the following complex:
- 1 Clean Anyhow
- 1 Front Squat
- 1 Shoulder to Overhead
Men: 70-80-90-100-110-120-130-140-150-155-160-165 kg
Women: 45-55-60-70-75-80-85-90-95-100-105-110 kg
On the start signal, the athlete will approach the first barbell and will have 30 seconds to perform a clean of any style, a front squat, and a shoulder to overhead. If successful, the athlete will then transition to the next heavier bar and repeat the complex. The athlete will continue in this pattern until they cannot successfully lift the weight in the 30 second timeframe.
STRENGTH MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see “Clean, Anyhow ID 3.01,” “Front Squat ID 1.03,” and “Shoulder to Overhead ID 5.05” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
STRENGTH SPECIAL REGULATIONS
Athletes may make as many attempts as they would like in each 30 second lifting window.
- The complex must be successfully completed “unbroken.” Unbroken in this context means that once the athlete picks up the bar for the clean they must complete all 3 movements before dropping the bar again.
- If the athlete fails the shoulder to overhead but is able to successfully return the barbell to the front rack position without it touching the ground or falling below the shoulder, the athlete may re-attempt the shoulder to overhead and if made the complex will count.
- The athlete may not put the bar in the back rack to rest at anytime and may not perform the shoulder to overhead from the back rack.
- Any style of clean and any style of shoulder to overhead may be used as long as the correct starting and finishing positions are displayed.
- If an athlete chooses to squat clean the barbell that will NOT count as the front squat in the complex. The athlete must perform an additional front squat for the repetition to count as the front squat in this complex.
- An athlete may perform the front squat and shoulder to overhead as a thruster or “thruster jerk” as long as the correct squat depth and overhead lockout position is achieved during the repetition.
- The feet may be wider than the shoulders in the finishing position of the shoulder to overhead (i.e. the language in the positional definition of “standing tall” requiring heels inside the shoulders will not be enforced)
Test 3: Bodyweight
21-15-9 reps of:
- Pull ups
- Handstand Push-ups
Immediately into 9-15-21 reps of:
- Toes to Bar
- Hand Release Push-ups
Time Cap: 8 minutes
On the Start signal athletes will proceed to the pull-up bar and perform 21 pull-ups. They will then proceed to the wall for 21 handstand push-ups. They will continue to move in this pattern for rounds of 15 and 9 repetitions. After completing their 9th handstand push-up, athletes will immediately start 9, 15, and 21 repetition rounds of toes to bar and hand release push-ups.
BODYWEIGHT MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Toes To Bar ID 7.01,” “Handstand Push-up ID 12.01,” “Pull-up ID 7.04,” and “Hand Release Push-Up ID 15.02 in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
BODYWEIGHT SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes in the age categories 55-59 and higher may use an ab mat to decrease the range of motion on their handstand push-ups.
- For the Hand Release Push-Ups, athletes may not use their knees to assist with the push off the ground.
Test 4: Skill
For Time or Reps:
4 rounds of 2 minutes of work, 1 minute of rest
- 3 rope climbs (4.5 meters)
- 10 pistols
- Max Overhead Squats in the remaining time
The athlete will continue until they have completed 75 Overhead Squats or until 4 rounds have been completed.
- 30-49 years old: 55/35 kg
- 50-59 years old: 45/30 kg
- 60+ years old: 40/25 kg
On the start signal a 2 minute clock will begin and athletes will perform 3 rope climbs and 10 pistols. They will then move to their barbell and complete as many Overhead Squats as possible until the 2 minute clock expires. Athletes will then have a 1 minute window to reset at the start line. After the 1 minute period, another 2 minute clock will start and athletes will begin again with their rope climbs and pistols, followed by their overhead squats. Athletes will continue in this manner until they complete 75 overhead squats or until they have completed 4 rounds of 2 minutes, whichever comes first.
SKILL MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Overhead Squat ID 1.04” “Rope Climb ID 11.01” and “Pistol ID 1.06” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
SKILL SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- Athletes must alternate legs on pistols
- Athletes may squat snatch the first repetition of any overhead squat set
Test 5: Mixed
30-20-10 reps of
- Bar Facing Burpees
- Hang Snatch, Anyhow
Immediately into 10-20-30 reps of
- Wall balls (9kg/6kg, 3m)
- Hang Clean, Anyhow
Time Cap: 15 minutes
- Up to 49 years: 45/30 kg
- 50+ years: 40/25 kg
At the start signal the athletes will move to their barbell and perform 30 bar facing burpees. After their last bar facing burpee, athletes will lift their barbell to the hang position and begin 30 hang snatches. After their 30th hang snatch, athletes will return their barbell to the floor and begin their round of 20 bar facing burpees. They will complete a round of 20 of each movement followed by 10 of each movement. Athletes will then move to their wall ball and begin 10 wall balls. After their set of 10 wall balls, athletes will move to their barbell for a set of 10 hang cleans. Athletes will continue in this pattern for sets of 20 and 30 of each movement before running across the finish line to stop their time.
MIXED MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Wall Ball ID 15.04” and “Hang Clean Anyhow ID 3.04” and “Hang Snatch, Anyhow ID 4.04” and “Object Facing Burpee Over Object IF 10.02” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
MIXED SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- None at this time
Test 6: Power
- 21 Thrusters
- 15 meter front rack walking lunge
- 9 Shoulder to Overhead
Time Cap: 4 minutes
- Up to age 49: 60/45 kg
- Age 50-59: 50/35 kg
- Age 60+: 45/30 kg
At the start signal the athlete will perform 21 thrusters. After their last thruster, athletes will return their barbell to the front rack and lunge 15 meters with the bar in that position. When athletes finish their lunge they will perform 9 shoulder to overheads before dropping their barbell and crossing the line to stop their time.
POWER MOVEMENT STANDARDS
For complete movement standards please see the entries for “Thruster ID 5.06,” “Walking Lunge ID 15.06 Variation .02 Front Rack” and “Shoulder to Overhead ID 5.05” in the International Functional Fitness Federation’s Movement Standards Document.
POWER SPECIAL REGULATIONS
- The feet may be wider than the shoulders in the finishing position of the thruster and the shoulder to overhead (i.e. the language in the positional definition of “standing tall” requiring heels inside the shoulders will not be enforced)